Monday, April 4, 2011

CJ Pony Service heats up.....and I just sweat and wheeze

It's Monday and I am swamped.  In addition to the daily grind, I've taken up going to the gym 4 days a week.  As a former Marine, when I hit the gym it ain't pretty and I tend to push myself hard. With the weather hitting 80-degrees today, I was a sweaty mess when I got back to my desk.  That's when I saw the Blackberry light blinking.  A quick glance and I had to do a double-take; Bill again!

Wow, these guys don't mess around. I was truly surprised as I thought for sure it would be at least the middle to end of the week before I heard from CJPS again.  Not so, and Bill even sent along more pictures; I was really stoked. 

As before, let me post the update:

John,

        We took a look at that area and it was fine, the knobs fit tightly and there are no problems. We are working on all the heating parts now and then will move onto the carpet. I was able to get one of the black face clusters we discussed as well.



So far here is what we have checked off your to do list

Safety

1. The wiring harness is properly installed and working. The turn signal issue was a bad switch, we installed our premium switch and everything works as it should. We still need to install the plates but the grounds have been gone over and everything else is good



2. Neutral safety and reverse wiring - done

3. Wipers are fixed - transmission was mounted upside down which is why they parked in the wrong spot

4. Ignition switch wired properly and dash area around switch repaired



5. Radio area repaired



6. We are working on the heater right now. To add A/C would run you an additional $1500 for parts and labor right now. It would not cost much more to add it later down the road. I personally feel there are other areas I would focus on right now.

Aesthetics

1. Headliner is installed. 64-66 cars never came with any sort of dome light. It can be added but is not factory and I would not recommend it.



2. Old carpet was removed and we are in the process of installing new carpet.

I will have an invoice for you tomorrow but so far we have a little over 27 hours of labor in the car.

Thanks
Bill



27 Hours.  Everything completed on this list took 27 hours.  I calculated that in John-time and came up with 4.5 years, give or take a few months.  Unbelievable.  It is important to note that Bill had originally told me that the instrument cluster was no longer available as the company had gone out of business.  I was a little bummed because I really liked the cluster and it snapped directly into the Painless harness.  How Bill came into this one I can't imagine, but here again is the value of CJPS; they live and breathe this stuff and have vast resources to find those hard to come by parts.  It really helps to have the right people on the job.

With the interior getting close to finished, I can sense bigger decisions to come.  I am intrigued as to Bill's remark regarding "other areas of focus".  I know we still need to work out the rear, suspension, brakes, etc but I'm sure Bill has my back and will keep me on the virtuous path.  I've already told some fellow Mustang friends about the shop and they want to come up with me one Saturday to check it out.  I do believe that a trip is in the near future so I better make that appointment.

And how was YOUR Monday?

No comments:

Post a Comment