Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Santa and the Chevy Man - Part II


I remember back in the day I used to listen to the radio during lunch.  Paul Harvey had a program on that featured various news stories, current events, and other odds and ends. The part I really enjoyed was when he would tell a short story which would start out in one direction, but end in another.  He would begin the latter part of the tale with his signature line "And now, the rest of the story".  In tribute to Paul, here is the rest of the story.

Part I ended with this picture of Mike looking suspiciously at the gas cap of the Mustang.  I know my brother well enough to know that he is smiling by the crinkle of his eye.  What he is smiling about is anyone's guess, but given the fact that his newly wedded wifey Pam is snapping the shot I can imagine this picture was anything but spontaneous.  I think the t-shirt speaks for itself.

I did spot Mike walking casually amongst the many Mustangs in the shop and Pam snapped a more candid shot as he strolled past a newer model.  Perhaps the white color caught his eye or maybe it was what was under the cover to his left.  All I know is that he was doing a lot of eye-ballin' and very little talking.   One of the few words of praise he had (c'mon he's a CHEVY guy!) was that "These guys must know what they are doing".  Interpreted as "I'm impressed".


I would like to share just a few of the pics I took of the shop and the wide variety of models represented that I spoke of in a previous post.  There is a lot going on in here and I just want everyone to have a peek so here we go:




Here is Matt's car which Bill strategically started to let everyone hear the deep throaty roar of the brand new 302 Ford Racing crate motor.  A thing of beauty Bill, but I have 2 girls in private school!  :)







 A nice deep red Mustang with a great example of period rims and classic lines.














A beautiful convertible.











And last but certainly not least, a Cobra. I took a few extra pics of the Cobra.









New, old, classic, or Resto-mod, CJPS has seen it all and is doing it all.  I would like to thank Bill for accommodating my family this weekend.  Service, like the restoration process, is an art and no one does it better than Bill and his team.  I never felt rushed or pressured and even when I make dumb decisions, Bill patiently guides me in the right direction.  Sure it's a business and they are in it to make money, but they add a lot of class and personality that no money can buy.

And lastly, the title of this blog is "Santa and the Chevy Man - Part II".  We all know where the reference to the Chevy Man comes from, but what about Santa?  Well, it seems like every time I give Bill a list, he gets it done and I give him another. It never ends. I think a side of me loves having the ability to "wish" and for  CJPS to bring it to reality.  So naturally in my latest list to Bill, I ended the note by saying that all of my lists should start out with "Dear Santa"... And now you know, the rest of the story.


No comments:

Post a Comment