Monday, April 18, 2011

A disturbance in the Fords..........


He's coming.  I really never thought I'd see the day, but amazingly enough my little brother wants to see first hand just what's going on at CJPS! You really have to know my brother to understand just how much of a Chevy guy he is and how much of a Ford guy he is not. Remember that this is the one who started the epic journey upon which this blog is based and now it's coming full circle as he will step foot into Ford country in a very big way.

I am really excited about this because it will bring back some very vivid memories of riding with my brother Mike.  I am truly a conservative when it comes to cars, but the bro is a whole different ballgame. With him, it's all about the speed and rush, with little regard for safety.  The first time I ever got in a fast car with him I'll never forget it. It was a blue Z28 with a massive engine and 4:10's and as Mike mashed the gas to the floor, my head whipped back and forth in a thrashing visual rhythm of headliner-floorboard-headliner-floorboards as he cycled through the gears. As we barreled at close to 100mph in just under 5 seconds I casually asked about the brakes (ever the conservative) to which he replied, "I think they work".  Great.


  
I'm curious as to how he'll take the Eleanor in the showroom and the various other mod's there are.  I really think he'll appreciate the CJPS work on my Mustang as it's come a long way since he's last seen it.  Hopefully the rims and seats will be installed to give him the big picture but I'm just being optimistic.  I haven't heard much from Bill other than to get a quick update last week.  He reported that Ben was steady at it and apparently installing some weatherstripping on the doors and trunk. We'll see.....

One thing Mike and I do have in common is food. Any food.  So, on the way up to Harrisburg early Saturday we will stop off at my favorite diner and have an awesome breakfast.  It will be just like old times with the bro, the only difference is that I will be driving the speed limit and I know my brakes will work. More to come......

No comments:

Post a Comment