Thursday, March 31, 2011

"Houston, we have contact. Affirmative; it's Bill."

It's around 7:40pm on Thursday and I am just getting to my computer.  I usually check the stats on the blog to see how many hits were received. The referrals from AllFordMustangs.com have really been good so I click the link to check for anything new.  As I scrolled  down through the posts, I see a new one; it's from Bill!  I had been thinking of calling throughout the week, but between work and kids and not wanting to seem like a doting parent, I held off. (You're welcome Bill)

So, I check the inbox and sure enough, email from Bill; with pics! Now we're talking.  As I read the email a wave of relief passed over me.  The months and months of wanting to fix these things really weighs on a person, especially an  AR\OCD type like me.  Every time I saw the car in the garage I would replay the laundry list of seemingly small and simple repairs.  I always had just enough time to think about doing something to the car....and that was it. So reading about the repairs was great but to actually see them; therapeutic.  I'll share the mail and pics with you:

John,

      I wanted to contact you and give you a few updates on the car. Ben started work on it on Tues afternoon and has made good progress so far. We pulled the front and back glass to install the headliner and provide more room to work on the wiring. The headliner is glued in and is drying.



He started working on the wiring issues and now has everything working as it should. We still need to relocate the grounds and install the firewall plates but the wiring issues have been sorted out. He welded in the repair panel for the radio and is working on the repair panel for the ignition switch.



I attached a few pictures of the work to date, don't worry about the wrinkles in pic 14, the headliner was not pulled tight yet and was just hanging. Pic 16 shows a small rust whole in the bottom of the rear window we will patch before the glass goes back in.



Thanks
Bill


Bill and Ben are definately doing things right and by the book.  I have to say that just these few repairs have me eager to see what they will do next; it's only been two days!  I liked Bill's forum recommendation about a 4-speed manual, but there is a small hitch with that; the wife wants to be able to drive the car.  Sorry Bill, maybe a bit later as we develop the 302 and explore the rear, we can talk about the manual.

So, a fantastic ending to an otherwise lackluster day. In between the necessary job, house chores, and daily drudgery we all have to endure, it's nice to know that somewhere just over the horizon "fun" is making it's way to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment